These nuts have the perfect combination of sweet and spicy and after being in the oven, the perfect caramelization to match. Not only do these take less than 30 minutes (including bake time) to whip up, but can serve as the perfect light appetizer, snack in your kids lunch, or pick-me-up on a hike.
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup peanuts
6 tbsp Real Maple Syrup
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne
2 tsp lemon rind
1. Mix all nuts together in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
3. Pour the liquid maple syrup mixture over the nuts and mix.
4. Spread the nut and glaze mixture onto a baking sheet and place in a 300 F degree oven and bake for 10 minutes. Take out and stir. Bake for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Recipe Credit: http://restlesspalate.com/maple-spiced-nuts/